Creating a gradebook using Excel or google sheets

As I was browsing for ways to build a gradebook for a class, I found two videos that helped me establish a solid gradebook.  One is for calculating weighted grades if you are planning to have one aspect of the course weigh more than another, such as tests, projects, and homework.  I found this video very helpful in establishing your gradebook.  The other video deals with assigning letter grades for students.  Learning how to implement the skills in the two videos into your gradebook are essential to making assessment of your learner efficient and effective. 
Learning how to use excel or google sheets is great to produce a low cost gradebook.  Google sheets also has ways to share your gradebook with others, which is great for creating a collaborative teaching environment.  It keeps everyone in the loop.  There is also the option of buying the gradebook pro app on tablets and phones.  I found the experience working with gradebook pro in my first year of student teaching to be very effective.  I will be discussing my thoughts on the gradebook pro app in a future post.  Have fun creating your gradebooks!

Comments

Popular Posts