#Iwishmyteacherknew article and creating a Snapchat activity

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/denver-teacher-shares-heartbreaking-notes-from-third-graders04162015

I found this article through Facebook and after reading it thought about how I envision using technology to empower students.  The article is about students third grade students from Denver shared what they wished their teacher's knew.  The articles is starting to spark a movement for students to share their stories to their teachers using #Iwishmyteacherknew hashtag all over the web.  I was finishing up my status report on my final project, which involves using Snapchat to help students document their lives afterschool and noticed the similarities of how I envisioned using technology to empower students.  Students who take part in my project will get to share their narratives about life afterschool, giving me knowledge about the difficulties and struggles (if any) my students go through once they leave the classroom.  I was inspired to create my snapchat activity because I was a student athlete and knew how stressful school was balancing everything.  I want my participants to document and share their experiences using Snapchat so that other students and teachers can understand one another better and support each other.  I will update on my progress on future blogs!

Comments

Popular Posts